4 Simple ways to increase happiness, preparing you for a successful and happy 2019
Resilience is the ability to cope with those unexpected changes and challenges in life. While it is not always possible to prevent stressful or difficult situations, you can strengthen your ability to deal with these. Here are our tips for overcoming stress to help make 2019 the most successful, happiest and most productive year yet!
- Practice Gratitude:
Believe it or not, but even in the most difficult and challenging of times, it is possible to see the positive or what you are grateful for. Sometimes it is easy to see the learning, benefit or positive, while other times you must search for this. Nonetheless, gratitude has been linked with increased happiness and life satisfaction.
- Surround yourself with positive influences:
Good quality social support is a must. Surround yourself with people who make you feel good, who bring out your best qualities, who do not judge or hold grudges, and who accept you fully. These are the people you want to surround yourself with this year.
Find and search for reasons to smile. A simple quote, a funny film, a joke told well or an innocent laugh at yourself, smiling activates muscles in your cheeks. Nerve fibres send information from your cheeks to your brain, when you smile, telling the brain that you feel happy. Consequently, your brain releases happy chemicals! The old saying ‘fake it till you make it’ works as well!
- See things from a different lens:
When something upsets or angers you, stop, take a breath, and practice these Mindful Attitudes to help you see the situation differently:
- Beginners Mind: approach each situation as if for the first time, letting go of pre conceived ideas or expectations;
- Non judging: Aim to observe thoughts as if you are witnessing them, allowing judging thoughts to come and go – do not feed them;
- Non striving: Practice taking the accelerator off and pushing yourself to achieve. Sometimes the simple act of allowing is more beneficial;
- Acceptance: Practice accepting those things you have no control over, such as the thoughts and behaviours of others’;
- Patience: In time, things will unfold. Some things can not be forced;
- Trust: Trust in yourself, your body and your ability;
- Letting go: Let go of the past and worries about the future; the only time that really matters is now!
For more information visit: http://www.mindfulnessattitudes.com/
Speak Teen! wishes you the most successful of years, filled with happiness.
If you or your Teen wants coaching to help navigate 2019, get in contact with Speak Teen Coaching today!